(a) A person commits domestic battery if they knowingly without appropriate reason at all: (1) causes physical injury to any family members or home user; (2) makes real contact of a insulting or provoking nature with any household or home user.
“Family or household members” consist of partners, previous spouses, moms and dads, kiddies, stepchildren, along with other people associated by bloodstream or by current or marriage that is prior individuals who share or formerly provided a standard dwelling, individuals who possess or allegedly have actually a child in accordance, individuals who share or presumably share a bloodstream relationship through a young child, people who possess or have experienced a relationship or engagement relationship, persons with disabilities and their individual assistants, and caregivers as defined in part 12-4.4a of the Code. For purposes for this Article, neither a laid-back acquaintanceship nor ordinary fraternization between 2 people in operation or social contexts will be considered to constitute a relationship that is dating.
Stalking, 720 ILCS 5/12-7.3
(a) A person commits stalking as he or she knowingly engages in a program of conduct inclined to a particular individual, in which he or she knows or should be aware that this program of conduct would cause a fair individual to: (1) fear for their security or the security of a 3rd individual; or (2) suffer other distress that is emotional.
(a-3) A person commits stalking as he or she, knowingly and without legal reason, on at the least 2 split occasions follows another individual or puts the person under surveillance or any combination thereof and: (1) at any moment transmits a danger of immediate or future physical damage, intimate attack, confinement or discipline plus the threat is directed towards see your face or a relative of this individual; or (2) puts that person in reasonable apprehension of immediate or future physical harm, intimate attack, confinement or discipline to or of the individual or a relative of this individual.
(a-5) A person commits stalking as he or she’s got formerly been convicted of stalking someone else and knowingly and without legal reason using one event: (1) follows that exact same person or locations where same person under surveillance; and (2) transmits a risk of immediate or future physical damage, intimate attack, confinement or discipline to that particular individual or a relative of this individual.
For purposes for this area:
(1) “span of conduct” means 2 or maybe more functions, including not limited by functions by which a defendant straight, indirectly, or through 3rd events, by any action, technique, unit, or means follows, monitors, observes, surveils, threatens, or communicates to or just around, an individual, partcipates in other non-consensual contact, or interferes with or damages an individual’s home or animal. A training course of conduct may add contact via electronic communications.
(2) “Electronic communication” means any transfer of indications, signals, writings, sounds, information, or cleverness of every nature sent in entire or perhaps in component by way of a wire, radio, electromagnetic, photoelectric, or system that is photo-optical. “Electronic interaction” includes transmissions by a pc through the online world to a different computer.
(3) “Emotional distress” means significant psychological suffering, anxiety or security.
(4) “Family member” means a parent, grandparent, cousin, cousin, or kid, whether by whole blood, half-blood, or use and includes a step-grandparent, step-parent, step-brother, step-sister or step-child. “Family member” does mean virtually any individual who frequently resides when you look at the household, or whom, in the previous six months, frequently resided in the household.
(5) “Follows another person” means (i) to maneuver in relative proximity to someone as see your face moves from destination to place or (ii) to stay in general proximity to somebody who is fixed or whose motions are restricted to a little area. “Follows someone” does not add an after inside the residence associated with defendant.
(6) “Non-consensual contact” means any connection with the target this is certainly initiated or proceeded with no target’s permission, including not limited by being within the real presence for the target; showing up inside the sight associated with the target; approaching or confronting the target in a general general public destination or on personal home; showing up in the workplace or residence associated with target; entering onto or staying in property owned, leased, or occupied by the victim; or putting an object on, or delivering an item to, home owned, leased, or occupied by the target.
(7) “Places a person under surveillance” means: (1) staying present away from man or woman’s college, where you work, car, other spot occupied by the individual, or residence apart from the residence of this defendant; or (2) placing an electric monitoring device on the individual or even the man or woman’s home.